Friday, February 29, 2008

A load of crock

India is shining, they said triumphantly. We've heaved ourselves out of the lowly third-world status, they said. Oh yeah? And so how come we haven't got rid of nasty third-world mosquitoes then? I'm saying this bitterly because I was rudely woken up from a deep sleep at 1.35 am by mosquito bites. A bump on one cheek, swollen lips (and no, I still don't look like Angelina Jolie, to add insult to injury), and another three bumps on my arms. All I can say is this: I'm not a big supporter of high end luxe brands setting up shop in our country every second. What I want is an effective mosquito repellent for starters. And fumigation of swamps by the BMC. Hello, Mr. Union Health Minister-stop gunning for fire-breathing film stars, do something for us common folk instead, will ya? Or else I'm going to trap those little blood suckers into matchboxes and set them free in your house! Goddit?

No comments: