Friday, February 8, 2008

The return of sabre-toothed tigers

Ridiculously mis-matched today. Caught glimpse of self in mirror and got a fit of the giggles. Bright red socks, faded black tracks and a beige pullover. Tres chic- but can't help it. Who owns woollies in Mumbai? Who would believe that it would get so cold? Jumped back into bed and blanketed up cosily with Hosseini's A Thousand Splendid Suns. Dry heaved every 10 minutes or so, as I turned the pages with trembling fingers, petrified of what was going to happen next- I want my mommy!!! Too much sadness, too much drama- but too engrossing too, to abandon mid-way. It doesn't help that a chilly wind is blowing, and now want a hot water bottle more than my mommy! Or, better still, a nice warm heater toasting my feet. Eating chocolate to feel better- that helps considerably. Dopamine levels have shot up, but the bloody mercury is dipping with the sun. This is global warming? It feels more like the ice age! Watch out, sabre-toothed tigers are coming back! Run! Hide! Me, I'm leaping back into bed to be safe and warm.

No comments: