Friday, March 14, 2008

Bring me my broadsword!

Waves of nostalgia aren't just sweeping over me, they're whirling me away- am as helpless as Dorothy (Wiz of Oz). And guess where I've been planted- in bloody medieval times, that's where! Want to read TH White's The Once and Future King again (wierd, considering that I just re-read it last year) and listen to Jethro Tull's Broadsword and the Beast. So, that album has been running on a loop since last evening. Ooh, I love the grand, epic swells, the occassional war-weariness, the everything!!!!! For me this album is as brill as Thick as a Brick and Aqualung- no matter what the critics say. It gives me much more than great music and lyrics, it paints the most amazing pictures in my head. I must, I must, I must replace my old fave tapes with CDs.

1 comment:

J. Alfred Prufrock said...

OAFT should be re-read at least every other year. Can't find it here, alas.

I rate Heavy Horses above Broadsword, and Bursting Out as smorgasbjord.

J.A.P.