Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Obamgod, he won!!!!!!!!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Today is World Euphoria Day! Hugged equally exuberant husband who abandoned his customary early morning grouchiness for a brief moment and almost looked human, called equally overjoyed Dad and siblings and friends! We witnessed history! Today's not just the day Obama won- it's the day America won the respect of the world! Waiting for Barack Obama, the next President of the United States of America, (oooh, how lovely that sounds now) to make his speech. Must say though that while McCain lost, his defeat speech was so gracious, he was so big, he's a winner too- of respect. Hope we never see that Sarah Appalin again, though. Gosh, this is the best news I've heard in months!
Right. Just heard The speech. His speech. Not as rabble-rousingly stirring as Mark Anthony's 'Friends, Romans and Countrymen' speech, but emotionally charged in a fetching restrained manner. The crowd at Chicago, wow! It was like a rockshow, and eyes were moist. Sigh, waiting for the day an Indian politician in my lifetime will make my eyes moist too- with joy not sorrow!!!!

2 comments:

Deepika said...

Yes, quite hard to believe.

Hey R,

I've been your fan since I read both of your novels. Seriously. So can you just help your die hard fan, by answering a question, being a writer.

PS:I couldn't find your e-mail id, so i popped up in your blog, in the comment box.

Peaches,
D

rupagulab said...

Wow! Thanks. Sure you can ask me a question. I'm not going to be coy about my email id anymore: It's rupagulab@gmail.com