Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sit on this, Lashkar!

A mega grieving session will be on at the Gateway of India this evening. Speeches will be made, candles will be lit and t-shirts will be sold. With messages like:
1. I LOVE BOMBAY. YOU DON'T SCARE ME.
2. LASHKAR-E-LEOPOLD
3. "I cannot leave the island. I was born here and belong." (This is the last couplet from Nissim Ezeikel's poem Island, on Bombay.)
You can order the tees at Time Out if you're not planning to be there. I'm not going- I don't do public grief. I did not order a tee either. But I did inform Time Out that if they tell the t-shirt maker to put the following message on their tees, I'll buy millions of them.
The message:
Visual: Graphic of a finger. Not an ordinary finger- the finger.
Copy: Sit on this, Lashkar!
I also wish Leopold would create a special chair in the finger gesture and place a little white card on it: Reserved for the L-e-T.
Those sodding brainwashed bastards deserve special treatment from us, don't they?

No comments: