Thursday, February 12, 2009

How I survived the VERY last organisation I worked at

The song playing in my head today is Psycho Killer (Talking Heads). It brought back memories of the very last place (thank god!) I worked at, some 3 years ago. The dull-as-ditchwater client servicing lot there drove me batty and gave me many 'Who am I? Why am I here?' zombie moments. The only thing that kept me borderline sane was this song. I'd downloaded it on my pc and played it during the lunch break every single day- man, the emotional release was amazing!

On my last working day there, I cleaned up my pc with joy and deleted my songs-to-get-over-working-in-a-shit-hole-angst list. There were howls of protest all around thereafter from my colleagues in the creative dept. 'You deleted that song too? That's mean- it helped us feel better about working here too!'

Am not a potential psycho killer anymore- but I still enjoy that song.

No comments: