Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The incredible sogginess of being

Pining for the monsoon. Can't wait. Saw 3 wispy clouds in the sky last evening - stared at them hard, willing them to become fat and burst - would have gamely done a Liril girl dance on busy, bustling Turner Road as thanks. Nothing happened -they defiantly floated away instead. Damn. It's so hot, I can't bear to exert myself to do anything. Whine! Moan! Groan! Wish I lived in a cold wet place with deep grey skies. Hate, hate, hate hot, muggy, sticky weather. My annual monsoon countdown has begun and it's only mid-May, sigh. Hope the weather bureau is right about early rains. Am dying!

5 comments:

deepika said...

Hey.. even i'm waiting for the rains to come.. :) whats your zodiac sign? you know, a fan should know everything about their favorite stars.. :D and you're a bengali.. and.. married!.. and.. i've seen your pic.. with some smita jain.. and u like to live a normal life.. no glamor gloss.. right?

rupagulab said...

Ha ha, not a drop of Bengali blood in my veins - got you there!!! But have to confess that I have Bengal in my soul. BTW, you're right about no glamour and gloss - I'm pure ghissa pitta grunge.
You want the whole picture? Here goes: Sindhi, Capricorn, married (to a mallu) and can happily and willingly subsist on a diet of chocolates and chips and guzzle colas for brekker, lunch and dinner - and in-between. Don't need anything else.

deepika said...

Wow, Awesome! I knew you never like glamor and gloss, that's really great. And you don't need anything else, that's something which is very rare... I've seen writers, who're so unreachable, they're so fake, and so wannabe types. I like P.G. wodehouse like anything, I wish if he were alive. When I read both of your novels, I imagined your image as RUPA GULAB, and believe me, you're just like that, no difference :)

rupagulab said...

I LOVE PG Wodehouse too!!! Whenever I'm down, I flip through one of his books, the closest one handy, and feel magically better.

Saltwater Blues said...
This comment has been removed by the author.