Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Griffin has announced that it's godawful poetry fortnight, YAY!

Should you have the urge to spout some godawful pomes, click this link: Son of Godawful Poetry Fortnight - 19th - 31st August

BTW, my humble contribution to this fantastic, much-looked-forward to annual event:
Banished
They dragged me with brute force to the door,
Callously kicked me down the stairs below-
And screeched like the oft quoted Raven, “Nevermore!”

I staggered to my feet and limped my way across the street,
With fumbling fingers groped for my pack of woe,
And struck a match - Ah, even in adversity life can be sweet.

So now I wander lonely spewing dark, belligerent clouds,
That lurk on high o’er the stained cityscape,
And insidiously creep into the lungs of the teeming crowds.

All I ask for is Keats' Grecian urn to tip the ash,
While contributing generously to the city's smog,
It wouldn’t hurt would it, that dead sexy touch of dash?

No comments: