Sunday, January 17, 2010

20th Jan - a landmark in my life.

On Wednesday, I say goodbye to working in an office forever! Am absolutely certain that I'm done with it for life. No more alarm clocks, no more snapping, snarling and screaming at tardy BH to hurry up, no more dashing to autograph an annoying muster and no more smiling politely at clients I would love to pour steaming hot coffee on - with sugar, so ants bite them. I'm free to do what I want with my time till I die. There's nothing more precious than that in the world. The strains of Born Free are playing in my head. Luverly!

10 comments:

Saltwater Blues said...

writing another novel? Good luck Ru.

Rash said...

Wow! Great

rupagulab said...

@SWB & Rash: YAY! Now I'll have the luxury of time to enjoy your blogs again! BTW, thanks for your earlier advice SWB - I followed it diligently and sternly gave my nice boss a cut-off date - or else I'd have been working forever!

deepika said...

Yippppeee!

rupagulab said...

@ Deepika: Hey, you've just started your career. Don't let me dampen your enthusiasm for work. Working full time is not soooo bad, it's just that I've done enough of it in my lifetime.

deepika said...

No! I'm excited because I'll get to read more of your blog posts, and novels. WOW... :-)
You were on some story nah? Only eight chapters were left?!?

rupagulab said...

Wow, thanks. The new book will be out around May. It's called The Great Depression of The '40s.

Rash said...

Great. Please write fast. Need to prepare myself. Only five years to go

deepika said...

@ Rupa: Of the '40s? Okay. Is it non-fiction?
*Please say No Please say No*

rupagulab said...

@Rash & Deepika: Written. It's already with Penguin. And it's fition, Deepika, so you can exhale! But yes, am in the same age bracket and enjoying it tremendously. I get ruder as I get older!