Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Getting fonder and fonder of Rahul Gandhi

His milk teeth have finally been replaced, and he has revealed his bite. Good showing! And while I'm getting fonder of him, I'm getting progessively sicker of our TV news anchors. Have decided that I cannot bear their yelping anymore. Nor can I bear the usual suspects they trot out for debates and sound bytes. Alyque Padamsee looks like he's been soaked in formaldehyde and has an ancient skunk carcass draped over his head; the very sight of Shobhaa De makes me gag after her old interview with Karan Thapar on the MNS issue - she came off very poorly in that one; Prahlad Kakkar's standard unconventional act bores me to tears; Mahesh Bhatt is okay - at least he sounds intelligent. The problem is, the minute we see them, we know EXACTLY what they're going to say about ANY issue.
Why can't we see different faces and hear different voices?

12 comments:

Saltwater Blues said...

Yes I know - they should call folks like you and me :)

rupagulab said...

@SWB: Not me, I'd probably hit the anchors every time they asked their usual foolish questions. too temperamental for TV shows. But people like you definitely: intelligent, tolerant, witty and more worried about the price of onions than a proposed tax on louis vuitton!

Saltwater Blues said...

Damn you know me so well, but it's not bludy onions I'm worried about, it's petrol! :( And I'm not tolerant ok ... I'd probably throw my shoe at Rajdeep! The wimmen I'd be nicer to.

rupagulab said...

@ SWB Oooh, I'd love to see that - you throwing a shoe at a yelping Rajdeep. Now I've got to figure out a way to get you on CNN IBN!

miss daffy said...

Hiiiee Rupa..
Nice post. But you have written just one line about Rahul :(

miss daffy said...

BTW, it's me Deepika. I just changed my profile name to Miss Daffy. Why did I do that? Well, at times I hate my name and Daffy is nice and suits me. It means "Silly, Crazy". Hee hee.

rupagulab said...

@ Ms. Daffy: I LOVE your new name! It's fun and goofy!

miss daffy said...

Whoopee. BTW, how do you find Behram Contractor's written columns? Finally, I bought one of his collections.

Rash said...

You think Swb would be worried abt the onion price (even if he denied it)? Why? Is he a closet chef/bhajiwala? And am I to guess that you would be worried abt tax on LVs? Very muddled now.

rupagulab said...

@Rash: Dear dear Rash, you've lost the common touch. Onions are things the mango people worry about. Petrol too is on the mango people's worry list, so I wasn't off the mark. LV shit is what yucky page 3 celebs worry about. Personally, I have never seen anything quite as ugly as an LV bag. Seriously.

Rash said...

Sigh of relief...find LVs ugly too. Also Hermes. As for onions..most Indian men are clueless abt them...pricey or not. Petrol is another matter altogether :)

Calvy said...

witty and intelligent:)

http://calvy.wordpress.com